- New flooring in a medium rich tone and a new gas fireplace both work to give this living room a warm and cozy feeling.
- Custom sofas in a soft grey serve as a solid backdrop for the touches of lavenders and blues. The custom storage unit beside the fireplace houses games and toys for the kids while keeping things neatly out of sight.
- The light fixture is subtle, and meant to not draw the eye too much but still be an interesting piece for the space.
- The homeowners already had the solid purple accent chair; it was a family piece that they’d had recovered. It became the inspiration for the entire room.
- Matching too much color together can grow tired-looking, so it was best to keep neutrals on the larger surfaces, and draw from the darker colors in moderation. This is seen in the pillows and shelving/table décor.